Artist Statement

Monday, July 17, 2017

Clear Out Sale, New Pricing Structure

Two things to mention today.
One: I had some oral surgery this morning...ouch...so I won't be posting much this week, and what I post will be slloooooowwww, since they gave me some good pain meds, which make me droopy.

Two: I normally listen to videos, sermons, movies, shows...while I paint. And for the past couple of weeks I've been listening to Stefan Baumann. He's a internationally known professional artist, and quite an inspiring teacher. I've been getting a lot out of videos of his classes, where he also interacts with his students, and you get to watch over their shoulders.

So to keep myself going, I'm cleaning out a couple of paintings that haven't sold.

Where Does the Sun Find You?, Stretched Canvas,  8" x 10", SOLD


 Shady Lane, Stretched Canvas, 11" x 14", On Sale at $10 plus $10 shipping.


Summer Creek, Canvas Panel, 12" x 12", SOLD.


Spring Creek, Canvas Panel, 12" x 16", SOLD.

Pick Two or more, and pay shipping once. If you want one or two, just send an email to me at NelVanL@aol.com  to claim.

The other result of watching the Stefan Baumann videos, for ME, is a new pricing structure, very easy, very predictable.  He tells his students to simply charge $2 per square inch minimum for every painting that they do. So an 11" x 14" will be 11 x 14 to get the square inches. 154 square inches times 2= 308. So an 11" x 14" would be priced at $308. Here's the video. Very worth watching. (The bit about this price structure starts at 11:25.)

I already know that it's TOO much of a sticker shock for my collectors. So the new structure for me will be $1 per square inch, in this case $154. Maybe next year $2 per square inch. I'll start with the next painting, see where we go with it. Ready?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails